- We held several mobile clinics east of the Anacostia River, including a clinic-with-learn-to-ride-class at Anacostia library.
- The South Capitol Bridge FEIS was released, and we gathered over 300 commenters expressing concerns and seeking improvements.
- To show folks that biking to work works–even in the suburbs, Bruce Wright of FABB boarded his bike and raced a private vehicle and a bus through Fairfax. Bruce on the bike won handily.
- We announced BikeFest, our upcoming celebration and fundraiser (to which you should buy tickets immediately) in Arlington.
- Prince George’s County announced that it has won an $897,000 Safe Routes to School grant.
- Not to be outdone, Montgomery County hosted an impressive countywide bicycling conference.
- Mayor Gray called for DC to become a platinum-level bike friendly community.
- Bike DC had good weather and drew 5,000 riders.
- And Bike to Work Day blew past 10,000 registered riders at 49 pitstops.
It’s been a busy May for WABA and for cycling in the region. Here’s a quick recap: