Bike to Work Day is a great day for bicycling. It shows how many people enjoy and support a better bicycling network (and how many of them like free t-shirts) and why having an organization like WABA is essential to our region. If you haven’t already registered for Bike to Work Day, you can do so here.
One of the big perks of Bike to Work Day is that you can become a member of for the reduced rate of $25 (normally $35). Becoming a WABA member is the best way to support our advocacy efforts, and contribute to the growth of the region’s safe bicycling networks. By showing our strength in numbers we can show our cities, governments, and business that biking is growing and safe bicycling infrastructure is in demand. If you joined on Bike to Work Day last year, your membership is about to expire, so now is a perfect time to renew it!
Still on the fence? Take a look at some of our victories from the past year:
– Protected bike lanes on M St NW and First St NE.
– Expanding Capital Bikeshare to over 200 stations in DC, Virginia, and Maryland, including Alexandria & Montgomery Co.
– Pushing for the completion of the Metropolitan Branch Trail from Brookland to Downtown Silver Spring.
– Passage of the 3 Foot Passing law in Virginia in 2014.
– Passage of the Bicycle Safety Amendment in 2013 & the Access to Justice for Bicyclist Act of 2012 in DC
More members means we can amplify our voice and impact region-wide.. That’s why we need you to become a member today. Already a member? Refer a friend!
On Bike to Work Day members of our staff, board, Bike Ambassador team, and volunteer crew will spread out across the region to cover as many pit stops as possible. Currently, we plan to be at: Rosslyn, Freedom Plaza, Downtown Bethesda, Old Town Alexandria, Ballston, Crystal City, Adams Morgan, National Geographic, NoMa, Eastern Market, Vienna, Georgetown, Columbia Heights (in the afternoon), Golden Triangle at Farragut Square, Silver Spring Discovery Place, Mt Vernon Triangle, Falls Church, and Capitol Riverfront.
Stop by and say “Hi” to WABA on Bike to Work Day and become a member!
You can also become a member right now by visiting our website!