We’re nearly halfway to our $10,000 fundraising goal! Click here
to chip in your $10 today and help us grow our cycling sisterhood in 2015.
Women & Bicycles is a uniquely diverse community that comes together to share skills. We bring out our friends and teach and learn and laugh and bike and eat and sometimes we can squeeze 7 people and their 7 bikes into a Metro elevator. And sometimes we can’t.
This skillsharing is ingrained in our culture. We’re committed to sharing all the tips and tricks of all things bike-related we picked up along the way; from how to feel safe biking in heels, and how to position yourself safely in an intersection, to testifying in front of council for safer streets.
Our community is committed to deliberate skillsharing because we remember what it was like to learn the intricacies of biking in the city and we want to expedite that sometimes daunting process and make it fun. Because biking should be fun.
to chip in your $10 today.
Your financial support allows us to facilitate skillsharing through events. In 2014 we organized 72 events. Check out what we’re creating in 2015!
- Bike Advocacy Workshop
- Coldest-est Day of the Year Ride
- Brake Breakdown Workshop
- Spinning Workshop
- Fix-a-Flat Boot Camp
- Women’s History Ride
- Mountain Bike Workshop
- Women’s Appreciation Ride
- Beach Drive Picnic Ride
- Bike to Work Day Pro and Protege Social
- Bike From Work Party
- Family Biking Workshop
- Bike Touring Workshop
- Intro DIY Bike Maintenance Workshop
- Biking and Street Harassment Workshop
- Bike Laws, Etiquette, and Need-to-Knows Workshop
- Little Tips and Tricks of Biking Workshop
- Ladies and Lady-Identified Bike Polo Night
- DC United Ladies Night Ride
- Arlington Loop Ride
- Ice Cream and Cycletracks Ride
- Women’s Health, Mind, and Body Workshop
- Farm Tour Ride
- Multi-Modal Silver Line Ride
- Winter Riding Workshop
- Plus! Monthly storytelling hours, weekly coffee clubs, and 50+ Roll Model Dinner Parties!
to chip in your $10 today and check out the slideshow of events we led, participated in or supported in 2014!
Women & Bicycles is proudly supported by The Potomac Pedalers Touring Club
; hosts of the region’s most robust all-level group ride calendar and bike tailgates. We’re also supported by all our friends who donated through the Hains Point 100 ride.