Our spring Community Ride series is in full swing, and last Wednesday we made our debut in Arlington with Haulin’—a community ride about moving and grooving with everything you need to carry on a bike.
We explored the Pentagon City and Crystal City neighborhoods, saw a wide variety of bike facilities including the Four Mile Run trail and the new protected bikeways on South Hayes Street.
At the end of the ride, we learned about the Fixit Station—a great new innovation put in place by the Crystal City BID. At the access point to the Mount Vernon Trail on Crystal Drive, you can pump up your tires, use tools for minor adjustments, fill your water bottle, and even buy spare parts from a bike vending machine!
After the ride was over, the whole group headed to the San Antonio Grill for delicious tacos.
Thank you to Bike Arlington, the Crystal City BID, and the San Antonio Grill for helping make our Haulin’ Ride a big success!
Join us for more Community Rides in May and June!
- Escape from Old Town ride on April 8th in Alexandria, VA
- Haulin’ ride on May 13th in Arlington, VA
- Virginia Square Dance ride on May 20th in Arlington, VA
- Escape from Old Town ride on June 3rd in Alexandria, VA
- Fixing to Go ride on June 17th in Arlington, VA
- Choose Your Own Bethesda ride on June 24th in Bethesda, MD
- The Heat is On ride on July 1st in Washington, DC