Councilmember Nadeau’s Top Ward 1 Bike Lane Projects
sent a letter today to the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) Director Leif Dormsjo in support of several priority bike lane projects for Ward 1. The list of projects recognizes the needs to close important gaps in the bike lane network. Nadeau’s letter expresses support for the construction of protected bike lanes whenever possible: “Protected bike lanes have many benefits including safety and fewer illegal parking problems, which is why I have been an advocate for them since my time as an ANC [Commissioner]. Welcoming bike lanes also discourage bicyclists from using the sidewalk instead of the street.” The priority projects for Ward 1 are:Councilmember Brianne Nadeau (Ward 1)
- 15th St NW protected bike lane extension north from V St. NW to Euclid St NW
- 14th St NW protected bike lane and a connection of the bike lane gap between Euclid St NW and Florida Ave NW
- 11th St NW protected bike lane and an extension to Spring Rd (and then to Kansas Ave NW)
- Completion of the Florida Ave streetscape project between Sherman Ave and U St NW
- Support for the eastern downtown protected bike lane study and rapid implementation of its findings
You must be logged in to post a comment.