If you’re a parent in the DC area, January snow and cold mean that it’s time to start thinking about summer camp.
And so it’s with great pleasure that WABA announces the second year of Bike Camp! Registration is now open for campers who want to ride bikes, explore the city, make new friends, ride bikes, give back to their community, learn about bike maintenance, and most importantly, ride bikes.
All of the details, including how to register, are on the Bike Camp! page
Session I | City Explorers Camp | July 5 – July 15 | Ages 10 – 14 | $700/child
- City Explorers Camp will focus on route creation, group riding, and longer rides.
- Campers will ride every day (weather dependent), and as much as 20 miles per day!
- Campers will bike to different field trips and volunteer opportunities across the city.
- This camp will include at least one session of basic bike maintenance with Gearin’ Up Bicycles.
- This is a great camp for campers who want to see the city, visit new places, and help the community.
Session II | Bike Build Camp | July 18 – July 29 | Ages 10 – 14 | $800/child
- Bike Build Camp will focus on mechanics training and mastery of bike parts.
- Campers will build a bike from the frame up under the guidance of Gearin’ Up Bicycles.
- Campers will have the opportunity to go on multiple shorter rides during the session.
- This camp will include at least one hands-on visit to a local bike shop maintenance department.
- This is a great camp for campers who want to work with their hands, make a bike that they can keep, and explore a little too.
Hours: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday – Friday
(*Note for Session I there is no camp on Monday, July 4)
Location: KIPP DC Shaw Campus, 421 P St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
Click here for even more information and instructions on how to register for Bike Camp! 2016.