The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) seeks an effective, organized, and driven Development Director to lead WABA’s development team. The Development Director will be the chief fundraiser and work in close partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
A vital member of the senior leadership team, the Development Director works collaboratively to support existing programs and campaigns, and develop new programs and revenue streams. The Development Director will procure funding for programs through membership and major donor programs, foundations, grants, corporate sponsorship and private contracts. They will supervise WABA’s events, membership, and development staff. This includes leading annual work planning, developing evaluation metrics, and overseeing budgets.
The Development Director will report to the Executive Director, and work directly with the Board of Directors and staff leadership to achieve WABA’s strategic goals. The ideal candidate will share WABA’s vision for better biking in the region, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Meet or exceed 2017 fundraising targets.
- Manage and grow the portfolio of foundation grants, corporate funders, and individual donors.
- Track and evaluate the efficacy of WABA’s fundraising.
- Oversee management of donor database, including gift processing and donor recognition.
- Lead, manage, grow and inspire the development, event & membership staff team.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors Development Committee.
- Attend major events, rides, advocacy, and education programs as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience managing an annual portfolio of $250,000 (or more) that includes grant writing, major donor cultivation, and corporate giving
- Is a seasoned team leader, with experience supervising, mentoring, motivating and evaluating employees
- Is a clear and persuasive writer
- Is detail-oriented, highly organized, self-motivated and able to work closely with others
- Has experience working in diverse communities and on diverse teams of staff and volunteers
- Is proficient in CRM databases, Microsoft Office and Google suite for business
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
Benefits include employer-covered health/dental insurance, a flexible work schedule, vacation, sick and personal leave, committed colleagues, fun working environment, and WABA’s 403(b) retirement program. The salary range for this position starts in the upper $50s and is negotiable commensurate with experience. This position is full-time.
Send a resume and compelling cover letter addressing your interest in the position, commitment to WABA’s mission, and relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a persuasive writing sample with your application. Include “Development Director” in the subject line.
The position is available immediately. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by April 7th, 2017
WABA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, arrest record or criminal convictions, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
No phone calls please.
This post revised on April 14th, 2017.