— Renée Moore (@girlonbluebike) November 20, 2016
Over the past year, our Vision Zero team has been holding neighborhood workshops in each of the District’s 8 Wards. We meet up with neighbors, commuters, and community advocates to visit a dangerous intersection or two, then talk about what might make it safer. Out of those conversations, we put together a report card for each intersection. Here are our report cards so far:
- Ward 1 Intersection Scorecard – 14th & Irving, NW
- Ward 2 Intersection Scorecard – 9th & Massachusetts NW
- Ward 3 Intersection Scorecard – Wisconsin & Albemarle NW
- Ward 4 Intersection Scorecard – 14th & Spring St NW to Georgia and Kennedy NW
- Ward 5 Intersection Scorecard – Bladendsburg Ave corridor, NE
- Ward 6 Intersection Scorecard – North Capitol & H Street NE
- Ward 7 Intersection Scorecard – Minnesota Ave & Benning Rd NE
- Ward 8 Intersection Scorecard – Alabama Ave corridor SE
- Ward 7 / MGT Intersection Scorecard Second Visit – Minnesota & Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave NE
Want to join us at our next intersection visit?
Workshop: Ward 6 Mobile Traffic Safety Workshop
August 19, 10:00 AM
Navy Yard Metro
We’ll talk about how to make two intersections safer, then check out the Southwest Farmers Market at the end of the workshop.
Workshop: Ward 2 Mobile Traffic Safety Workshop
August 23, 6:30 PM
McPherson Square Metro
Join us for a walking workshop to discuss how to make the K St corridor safer for everyone.
Workshop: Ward 8 Mobile Traffic Safety Workshop
September 7, 7:00 PM
Anacostia Metro Station.
Join us for a walking workshop to discuss how to make three intersections in Anacostia safer for everyone.
Workshop: Ward 1 Mobile Traffic Safety Workshop
September 14, 6:30 PM
PNC Bank 14th and Park Rd.
Join us for a walking workshop to discuss how to make the intersections in Columbia Heights and Adams Morgan safer for everyone.