This week only: “How’s My Driving” Scavenger Hunt!
Help us make a case: We’re looking for pictures and videos of professional drivers behaving unprofessionally. You know, blocking bike lanes, passing unsafely, blocking sidewalks and crosswalks. Stuff you probably encounter every day. We’re also on the hunt for photos of professional drivers parking, stopping, or unloading correctly on streets with bike infrastructure, and driving safely around bicyclists and pedestrians. So we’re hosting a scavenger hunt and keeping a scorecard of sorts: To sweeten the deal. We’ll be giving away a WABA t-shirt to the person who submits the most photos or videos. We’ll announce the winner on Friday, October 5th. Here’s how to participate::
- Post a photo or video of a Fedex, Mail, UPS truck in a bike lane (Or parked appropriately next to a bike lane) (1pt)
- Post a photo or video of a driver in a bike lane picking up or dropping off someone(Or discharging passengers appropriately next to a bike lane) (1pt)
- Post a photo or video of a delivery truck in a bike lane (or unloading appropriately next to a bike lane) (1pt)
- You can post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #StreetsForPeopleDC , and tag us (@WABADC) when you post
- Double points for photos and videos in NE, SE, SW (unsurprisingly, we have a lot of photos of 14th St NW)
- You can also submit pics with your name or Twitter handle via email to firstname.lastname@example.org