What’s going on this fall?
- Saturday 9/16 Derwood Family Bike Day on the new trail at Lake Needwood (families encouraged!)
- Sunday 9/17 and Sunday 9/24: two options to polish your skills at one of WABA’s City Cycling classes! Choose the “fundamentals” track for a great trail ride. (open to all)
- Saturday 9/23 Ride to Clarendon with WABA and PAL on a friendly no-drop community ride!
- Every Friday, 7:30-8:45 A.M.: Coffee Club at Pleasant Pops in Adams Morgan. All you have to do is show up and hang out.
- Tuesday 10/3, 6:00-9:00PM: Who, What, Where Workshop (women only)
- Friday 10/6 through Sunday 10/8: You’re invited to the National Youth Bike Summit! (all ages)
- Wednesday 10/4, Wednesday 10/25, and Friday 10/27: Don’t miss the annual Community Spooky Rides, including the now-famous Haunted Hill Ride. These no-drop, open-to-all rides introduce you to the city you’ve been too spooked to discover!
- Saturday 10/28 From the Ugly to the Good Ride (women-only, registration coming soon): this partnership with the Trail Rangers takes us on a tour of the bike trails in Anacostia, from the trails that need help to be great, to the ones that are great right now.
- And you still have time to join us for class to polish your skills!
- Registration opens in early October for WABA’s Cider Ride (Saturday 11/4), a signature event! (open to all)
- Saturday 11/11: Mind the Gap! Ride (women only, registration coming soon) We transport you to a start in Bowie, MD, and ride the WB&A trail. We’ll show you how to navigate a trail gap, and you’ll learn how better infrastructure can connect communities.
- Thursday 11/16, join Women & Bicycles at the regional Trails Symposium hosted by the Capital Trails Coalition (open to all)
Want Women & Bicycles updates by email? Yes!
Women & Bicycles is a program of WABA, specifically to encourage more women riding in a safe, confident, joy-filled manner. We strive to create a safe and welcoming space for women to build their skills, so we want to let you know that these particular events are open to women, GNC/Genderfluid and trans-identified folks.