The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) seeks an organized professional to manage operations of our growing non-profit organization.
WABA is the region’s leading bicycle advocacy and education organization, working to make a healthier, more connected region. WABA is growing, and doubled in staff size and budget over the past ten years. The Operations Coordinator is a new position with lots of opportunity for growth alongside the organization. The ideal candidate will be a critical administrative team member to support and sustain WABA’s planned future growth.
The Operations Coordinator will be a critical administrative team member and will work with the Executive Director, senior leadership team, and bookkeeper to manage daily office operations, improve office systems, support Human Resources activities, and assist with finance and compliance.
Operations Coordinator Job Activities:
- Manage and coordinate daily office operations, including:
- office and IT equipment care and upkeep;
- facility maintenance, repairs, and improvements;
- mail reception and shipments;
- office supply inventory management; and
- other related tasks to ensure a productive, high-functioning workplace.
- Manage non-profit administrative tasks and assist with compliance;
- Improve and innovate existing systems to streamline operations and/or develop new systems;
- Support office bookkeeper with regular accounting procedures and tasks, such as monthly credit card reconciliation, expense allocations and documentation;
- Support human resources by
- Assisting with staff development activities to help keep employees engaged and learning;
- Maintaining employee files and benefit administration;
- Supporting payroll processing;
- Support WABA’s three core teams (outreach and education, advocacy, and fund development) as needed during events and busy seasons;
- Continually seek to improve and innovate operations that support WABA’s growth; and
- Support the Executive Director with special projects and other duties as they arise.
Other duties as assigned.
- As a new position, there will be continuous opportunity for the ideal candidate to take on additional responsibilities within the organization, including, but not limited to, fund development activities, a leadership role in WABA’s transition to new office space, events execution, or additional financial management and budgetary responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience or competency in the following:
- 0-2+ years of professional experience in non-profit or business operations and administration,
- Experience or knowledge of human resources and accounting concepts,
- Keen organization skills,
- Strong interpersonal communication skills,
- Impeccable attention to detail,
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, keeping multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
- Technological fluency. WABA uses Google Suite office tools (Gmail, Calendar Drive, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
WABA staff members are hard-working, dedicated people who enjoy a casual work environment and frequent opportunities to go on a bike ride. Working for WABA, you’ll join a team that is committed to improving the Washington region through biking advocacy, education and outreach. Colleagues are committed, passionate, inclusive and fun-loving.
Employment Benefits & Details
- Expected salary for qualified candidates is mid-30s.
- Full-time employment.
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance premiums,
- A flexible schedule
- Comprehensive vacation, sick, and personal leave
- 5% match to WABA’s 403(b) retirement program after a year of employment.
The position is based in the WABA office in Adams Morgan, Washington D.C. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, and met with reasonable flexibility during the week.
WABA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, arrest record or criminal convictions, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. In your application materials, please help us understand how you would contribute to the diversity of WABA’s staff, and let us know where you learned about the position.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please, no phone calls.