The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) seeks an organized professional to manage the financial record keeping of our growing non-profit organization.
WABA is the region’s leading bicycle advocacy and education non-profit organization, working to make a healthier, more connected region. WABA is growing, and doubled in staff size and budget over the past ten years. The staff Bookkeeper primary responsibility is to manages the organization’s financial records. The ideal candidate will be a critical administrative team member to support and sustain WABA’s planned future growth.
The Bookkeeper will report to Executive Director, and work with the senior leadership team, new Operations Coordinator, and Board of Directors. This important member will manage accounts receivable and payable, account recognilcation, prepare bank deposits, and other bookkeeping tasks to maintain WABA’s healthy and clean financial position.
- Overall responsibility for data entry into electronic accounting system and integrity of accounting system data,
- Processes invoices and prepares checks for signature,
- Makes bank deposits,
- Assist with payroll processing,
- Maintains general ledger,
- Prepares monthly and year-end financial reports,
- Reconciles all bank accounts,
- Mails vendor checks,
- Manages Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable,
- Reviews all incoming and outgoing invoices,
- Manages the petty cash fund,
- Processes all inter-account bank transfer.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience or competency in the following:
- 2+ years of professional experience in non-profit or business accounting/bookkeeping,
- Bachelors or Associate degree in accounting, business management or similar field,
- Extensive experience with Quickbooks accounting software and intermediate Microsoft Excel skills,
- Organization and professionalism,
- Interpersonal communication skills,
- Impeccable attention to detail,
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, keeping multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
- Technological fluency. WABA uses Google Suite office tools (Gmail, Calendar Drive, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
WABA staff members are hard-working, dedicated people who enjoy a casual work environment and frequent opportunities to go on a bike ride. Working for WABA, you’ll join a team that is committed to improving the Washington region through biking advocacy, education and outreach. Colleagues are committed, passionate, inclusive and fun-loving.
Employment Benefits & Details
- Part-time employment, 20-25 hours/week,
- Pay of $20/hour,
- A flexible schedule,
- Paid sick time and 10 paid holidays
- The position is based in the WABA office in Adams Morgan, Washington D.C. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, and met with reasonable flexibility during the week.
- WABA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, arrest record or criminal convictions, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, or age.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bookkeeper” in the subject line. In your application materials, please help us understand how you would contribute to the diversity of WABA’s staff, and let us know where you learned about the position.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please, no phone calls.