Do you love bicycling? Are you interested in educating others and sharing your passion? Do you want to earn extra money? Help WABA get soccer fans excited about bicycling. Answer questions, share resources, and bring the bike love! Consider applying to be a DC United Bike Ambassador.
Help Establish Bike Culture at Audi Field
Being a DC United Bike Ambassador means that you want to support people who bike and encourage more people to try bicycling as a way to get to Audi Field. As a DC United Bike Ambassador you’ll set up a table at Audi Field to answer bicycle-related questions and distribute helpful resources to people attending the games. You’ll be on-site around Audi Field for the entire two-hour shift.
- Staffing various shifts from February through October (with a possibility of additional shifts after October if DC United qualifies for the playoffs). Games are typically midday during weekends and evening during weekdays.
- Distribute print resources to community members, such as DC Bike Maps, Quick Start Guides, DC Pocket Law Guides, Capital Bikeshare information, and other WABA education and promotional materials.
- Answering questions in a helpful and supportive manner. That means meeting folks where they are at – no mansplaining, no bicycle jargon.
- A strong commitment to WABA’s mission.
- Willingness and excitement to learn and share information about bicycling safety, traffic law, skills, and WABA’s bike encouragement philosophy
- A flexible schedule and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- The willingness to be positive, engaging, and approachable in a public setting.
- Let us know if you have conversational fluency in Spanish, ASL, or Amharic
Pay and Job Structure
We are looking for 10 people to work shifts this season. Bike Ambassadors are 1099 independent contractors, paid $17/hour with a 2 hour commitment per game. Audi Field will host 2-4 games per month, so we expect each person to work an average of 1-3 games per month.
To be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “DC United Bike Ambassador” by Thursday, February 20th and your answer to these questions:
- What interests you about being a DC United Bike Ambassador?
- What methods have you found effective in engaging people in conversations around a cause? (bicycling or otherwise)