Adult Learn to Ride
Sunday, November 15, 2020, 10:00 AM — Carter Barron Amphitheater Parking Lot
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older who have never ridden a bike before or have not been on a bike in some time. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace. Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events. You can review WABA’s full guidelines for classes here.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Classes will be limited to 7 participants and 3 instructors.
- All instructors and participants are required to wear face masks for the duration of the class.
- WABA requires participants to wear face masks in accordance with CDC and jurisdictional mask guidelines at all in-person events:
- Masks must cover both the mouth and nose.
- Masks must be secured below the chin.
- Participants should sanitize their hands before and after touching their mask or face area.
- For more details, read the full CDC mask guidelines.
- Participants will provide their contact information at event registration. Participants consent to WABA contacting them and/or releasing their contact information to necessary authorities if there is a need for contact tracing following an event to contain an outbreak of COVID-19.
- All instructors and participants are required to maintain social distancing (6 ft apart) for the duration of the class
- In the event of a minor injury (cuts or scrapes) participants will be provided with first aid supplies to treat themselves. If an individual is unable to treat themselves, or if a more serious injury occurs, WABA will call for an ambulance for additional medical care.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided
Cost: $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration / $10.00 – Resident Registration* / FREE for WABA members (email email@example.com for a coupon code)
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction. Example – if you are a DC resident taking a class in DC your registration is just $10.00!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 12:00 pm the Friday before class.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of the DC Department of Transportation .
4850 Colorado Ave NW, Washington, DC 20011
WABA Instructors will be wearing teal colored polos.
Parking is available at this location.
This location is not Metro accessible, but is accessible by the 16th street bus line.