Adult Learn to Ride
Saturday, October 17, 2020, 10:00 AM
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
- You have never been on a bicycle before
- You have not ridden a bicycle in many years
- You have previously tried to learn how to ride a bicycle, but were unsuccessful
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided
Cost: $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration / $10.00 – Resident Registration* / FREE for WABA members (email email@example.com for a coupon code)
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction. Example – if you are a DC resident taking a class in DC your registration is just $10.00!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 12:00 pm the Friday before class.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of the DC Department of Transportation .
Anacostia Park Boat Ramp Parking Lot
1500 Anacostia Dr, Washington, DC 20020
Drive to the end of Anacostia Drive. You will see the skate pavilion on your right. At the end of the road, the pavement will turn into dirt and you will see a sign that says “service vehicles only”. Your class will take place in the parking lot to the right of this sign. Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Parking: There is parking available at this location.
Public Transportation: This location is a 15-minute walk from the Pennsylvania Ave L’Enfant SE Bus Station
You must be logged in to post a comment.