BIG news for better bicycling in 2021…
A generous donor has made an incredible pledge to get WABA across the 2020 finish line: she’s going to match your gifts, up to $50,000, doubling the impact of your support for more bike lanes and better bicycling all around — as long as you give before the clock strikes 2021.
Will you make a gift today to make 2021 better for you, your neighborhood, and the region?
Here’s what’s on the horizon for WABA, our region, and our bicycling community in the coming year, with your investment:
- More bike lanes. In 2020 we pushed harder than ever, and completely changed the game—setting the stage for even more progress in the coming year.
- A connected multi-use trail network. More than 10 miles of trails are under construction right now, and with your support, we’ll reprioritize federal transportation funding from highway projects (that won’t even diminish traffic!) to trail projects.
- Culture shift. Our work is at the intersection of so many critical issues: racial justice, climate crises, affordable housing, transportation equity, and more. In the coming year, WABA is committed to contextualizing our vision of a just and sustainable transportation system within work for a region that’s just and sustainable as a whole.
- Power building. With training and support from WABA, community advocates like you will put more pressure on elected officials to transform streets at the block-by-block level.
- More everyday WABA goodness. Online and on the ground — from fix-a-flat webinars to safe group events, 2021 will bring more classes, trainings, and rides to keep us together.
We’re glad you’re on this ride with us— $50,000 is a big goal, and we have never been challenged by such a generous match before. We couldn’t do this work without you beside us.
Will you give to WABA today, to show your support for bicycling in 2021?
You must be logged in to post a comment.