Adult Learn to Ride
Saturday, July 3, 2021, 9:00 AM
Quincy Street Parking Deck, Arlington
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace.
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
- You have never been on a bicycle before
- You have not ridden a bicycle in many years
- You have previously tried to learn how to ride a bicycle, but were unsuccessful
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet rental provided
- FREE – WABA members and Capital Bikeshare for All (email us for a coupon)
- $10.00 – Resident Registration**
- $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction. Example – if you are a Fairfax County resident or you work in Fairfax county, your Tysons class registration is just $10.00!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Thursday before class.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of BikeArlington
Quincy Street Parking Deck (also known as Washington Liberty parking garage)
4099 15th St N
Arlington, VA 22207
The class will take place on the top floor of the parking deck near the tennis courts. WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polo shirts.
Parking is available at this location. Please enter the parking deck using the eastern entrance, closest to the corner of 15th St. N and Quincy St. Please park along the wall of the parking deck, not in the middle.
The nearest Metro stop is the Ballston stop on the Orange line. From the stop, walk north on Stafford St. until you reach 15th St. N, then turn right. The parking deck will be on your right, please walk to the entrance closest to Quincy St.
From the Custis Trail: Follow the trail until you reach the access point on Quincy St. Cross Quincy at the intersection with 15th St. The parking deck entrance will be immediately on your left.
The nearest Capital Bikeshare station is five blocks south on Quincy St. at the Arlington Central Library.
Hover over the box and scroll to click the registration button.