Basic Skills Clinics
Saturday, July 31, 2021, 9:00 AM — Quincy Street Parking Deck, Arlington
Basic Skills Clinics are the next step for those who have recently taken a Learn to Ride class or who know how to ride a bike, but have not been on one in some time. Basic Skills Clinics focus on skills such as turning, shifting, braking gradually, and weaving and will help you develop the fundamental bike handling skills necessary to ride confidently! Our experienced Instructors will observe where you are at and will provide tailored instruction to help you progress to the next level. Participants move at their own pace and are encouraged to continue practicing these skills at home.
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Check out WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events. You can review WABA’s full guidelines for WABA City Cycle classes here.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Classes will be limited to 10 participants and 3 instructors.
- All instructors and participants are required to wear face masks for the duration of the class.
- WABA requires participants to wear face masks in accordance with CDC and jurisdictional mask guidelines at all in-person events:
- Masks must cover both the mouth and nose.
- Masks must be secured below the chin.
- Participants should sanitize their hands before and after touching their mask or face area.
- For more details, read the full CDC mask guidelines.
- Participants will provide their contact information at event registration. Participants consent to WABA contacting them and/or releasing their contact information to necessary authorities if there is a need for contact tracing following an event to contain an outbreak of COVID-19.
- All instructors and participants are required to maintain social distancing (6 ft apart) for the duration of the class
- In the event of a minor injury (cuts or scrapes) participants will be provided with first aid supplies to treat themselves. If an individual is unable to treat themselves, or if a more serious injury occurs, WABA will call for an ambulance for additional medical care.
Class Duration: 2 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet rental provided for those who request one. Bring your own bike for a cheeper registration fee!
Cost: $50.00 if you require a bicycle and helmet rental / $10.00 if you bring your own!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for this event. Be sure to show up for class 15 minutes before the start time.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of BikeArlington.
Quincy Street Parking Deck
4099 15th St N
Arlington, VA 22207
The class will take place on the top floor of the parking deck near the tennis courts. WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polo shirts.
Parking is available at this location. Please enter the parking deck using the eastern entrance, closest to the corner of 15th St. N and Quincy St. Please park along the wall of the parking deck, not in the middle.
The nearest Metro stop is the Ballston stop on the Orange line. From the stop, walk north on Stafford St. until you reach 15th St. N, then turn right. The parking deck will be on your right, please walk to the entrance closest to Quincy St.
From the Custis Trail: Follow the trail until you reach the access point on Quincy St. Cross Quincy at the intersection with 15th St. The parking deck entrance will be immediately on your left.
The nearest Capital Bikeshare station is five blocks south on Quincy St. at the Arlington Central Library.