Adult Learn to Ride
Sunday, September 5, 2021, 10:00 AM
Jones Point Park
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
- You have never been on a bicycle before
- You have not ridden a bicycle in many years
- You have previously tried to learn how to ride a bicycle, but were unsuccessful
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of the City of Alexandria Department of Transportation and Environmental Services.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided
Cost: $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration / $10.00 – Resident Registration* / FREE for WABA members (email email@example.com for a coupon code)
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction.
Example – If you are a DC resident and take a class in DC, it is only $10!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Thursday before class.
Jones Point Dr, Alexandria, VA 22314
This class will take place at the traffic garden, a painted instructional course on the paved area underneath the Wilson Bridge. WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Driving: There is parking available at this location
Metro: The closest metro station is Eisenhower Station on the yellow line (2.1 miles away). The South Washington Street & Church Street bus stop (Stop ID: 4001032) is a 0.3 mile walk.
Bike: This class location is accessible by the Mount Vernon Trail. There is a Capital Bikeshare docking station located at: Mt Vernon Trail & S. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314