Adult Learn to Ride + Perchfest
Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10:00 AM
Capital One Headquarters Parking Garage
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
- You have never been on a bicycle before
- You have not ridden a bicycle in many years
- You have previously tried to learn how to ride a bicycle, but were unsuccessful
Check out Perchfest after class!
After class, head over to The Perch — a park eleven stories in the sky located at Capital One Center for Perchfest, the Grand Opening Festival! Enjoy the latest addition to Northern Virginia’s craft brewery scene at Starr Hill Biergarten along with a weekend of live music, kid-friendly activities, and local personalities. Registration is FREE (register here) with a suggested donation to Perchfest Charity Partner Best Buddies VA & DC.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet rental provided
- FREE – WABA members and Capital Bikeshare for All (email us for a coupon)
- $10.00 – Resident Registration**
- $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction. Example – if you are a Fairfax County resident or you work in Fairfax county, your Tysons class registration is just $10.00!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Thursday before class.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of Tysons Partnership.
1680 Capital One Drive, Tysons, VA 22102
Turn onto Capital One Tower Drive from Rt 123. Once on Capital One Tower Drive, make your first left and follow the road to the parking garage entrance.
Please park on the top level of the parking garage. WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Hover over the box and scroll to click the registration button.