Basic Skills Clinic
Sunday, October 3, 2021, 10:00 AM
Jones Point Park
Basic Skills Clinics offer participants the opportunity to practice basic bike handling skills in the comfort and safety of a wide-open, flat parking lot. Instructors assist with skills such as starting, stopping, turning, weaving and gradual braking while offering individualized feedback and guidance. Participants progress at their own pace. Instructors will provide more advanced instruction if needed! The goal of this clinic is to be able to ride in a safe and controlled manner. Have any Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is for you if:
You have recently taken a Learn to Ride class and were riding with 2 pedals by the end of class.
You know how to ride a bike, but have not been on one in some time and need a little bit of tailored instruction to get you going again!
Class Duration: 2 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided for those who need. Please select the “registration + bike and helmet rental” option at checkout.
Participants may bring their own bicycle and helmet for a discounted registration fee. Please make sure that bikes are in good working order. WABA does not provide bicycle maintenance for personal bikes.
Cost: $10.00 – Bring Your Own Bike Registration
$50.00 – Rent a Bike Registration
FREE for WABA members – email email@example.com for a coupon code!
Registration Policy: Advanced registration is required for Basic Skills Clinics. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Thursday before class.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Jones Point Dr, Alexandria, VA 22314
This class will take place at the traffic garden, a painted instructional course on the paved area underneath the Wilson Bridge. WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Driving: There is parking available at this location
Metro: The closest metro station is Eisenhower Station on the yellow line (2.1 miles away). The South Washington Street & Church Street bus stop (Stop ID: 4001032) is a 0.3 mile walk.
You must be logged in to post a comment.