Basic Skills Clinic
Saturday, November 20, 2021, 10:00 AM
Four Mile Run Park Plaza
Basic Skills Clinics offer participants the opportunity to practice basic bike handling skills in the comfort and safety of a wide-open, flat parking lot. Instructors assist with skills such as starting, stopping, turning, weaving and gradual braking while offering individualized feedback and guidance. Participants progress at their own pace. Instructors will provide more advanced instruction if needed! The goal of this clinic is to be able to ride in a safe and controlled manner. Have any Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is for you if:
You have recently taken a Learn to Ride class and were riding with 2 pedals by the end of class.
You know how to ride a bike, but have not been on one in some time and need a little bit of tailored instruction to get you going again!
Class Duration: 2 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided for those who need. Please select the “registration + bike and helmet rental” option at checkout.
Participants may bring their own bicycle and helmet for a discounted registration fee. Please make sure that bikes are in good working order. WABA does not provide bicycle maintenance for personal bikes.
Cost: $10.00 – Bring Your Own Bike Registration
$50.00 – Rent a Bike Registration
FREE for WABA members – email email@example.com for a coupon code!
Registration Policy: Advanced registration is required for Basic Skills Clinics. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Thursday before class.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Four Mile Run Park Plaza
4121 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 232305
WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Parking is available at this location off of Mt. Vernon Avenue, either at the Four Mile Run Field Parking Lot or on adjacent side streets.
Go multi-modal! The bus stop at the Plaza is served by buses 10A, 10B, 10E, 23A, and 23B. Not sure how to get your bike on a bus, check out our post on going multi-modal for tips and tricks.