Youth Learn to Ride Class
Saturday, June 4, 2022, 1:00 PM
Carter Barron Parking Lot
Our Youth Learn to Ride class is fun, intuitive, and very successful! This class is for children aged 6-12 who have never ridden a bike before or have tried to learn and have not been successful. Our League certified instructors take students through a progressive curriculum, with the goal of riding with two pedals by the end of the session.
All students are responsible for bringing their own bicycle and helmet*. All students are required to wear a helmet for the duration of the class.
*If the young learner does not have their own bike or helmet, please email us at email@example.com.
Our approach is fun and intuitive, but it also requires hard work. Your child will be riding for two hours. We take breaks every hour. This class is for your child if:
- They are between the ages of 6 and 12 years old
- Your child has never tried to learn how to ride a bike; or
- They have tried to learn and have not been successful.
All students are responsible for bringing their own bicycle and helmet. All students are required to wear a helmet for the duration of the class. Your child should be able to sit on the saddle with their feet on the ground. If their bike is too big or too small for them, it will be a challenge to teach them to use it. Contact us if you have questions!
Please ensure that your child comes to class wearing comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes. Please bring the following: water and snacks, and a mask. This class will be outdoors.
Only students who have reserved space in the class may attend. Unfortunately, walk-up students cannot be accommodated.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events:
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- WABA youth education classes are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Those who have not been vaccinated are required to wear a CDC approved facemask for the duration of class. Anyone who has received the COVID-19 vaccine may choose to forgo masks. WABA respects anyone’s decision to wear a mask and encourages all people to advocate for themselves. If you would like to wear a mask during class and would like to maintain social distancing we highly encourage you to do so! WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
- Participants will provide their contact information at event registration. Participants consent to WABA contacting them and/or releasing their contact information to necessary authorities if there is a need for contact tracing following an event to contain an outbreak of COVID-19.
- Parents will be asked to wait away from the class and not participate.
4850 Colorado Ave NW, Washington, DC 20011
The class location is highlighted in the image below.
The class will take place in the Carter Barron parking lot near the Colorado Ave NW entrance. Turn onto Colorado Ave NW from 16th street NW. Take the first right into the Carter Barron parking lot.
WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Parking: There is parking available at this location.
This location is not Metro rail accessible but is accessible by the 16th street bus line.