Bike Camp! City Explorers – Middle School
Monday, July 24, 2023, 9:00 AM
DC Dream Center, Washington DC
Register Camp Details What’s Included
This week-long camp is reserved for campers who are entering 6th-8th grade.*
Bike Camp! is a week long summer program for students in Elementary and Middle school.
City Explorers Camp focuses on, well, exploring the city by bike! We also cover map reading, route creation, group riding skills, and riding long distances. Activities include:
- Riding every day (weather dependent), and as many as 20 miles per day!
- Riding to field trips and volunteer opportunities across the city.
- Practicing bike handling skills and learning how to ride safely in traffic and on trails
- Learning basic bike maintenance.
You can check out our other camp dates here!
Dates: Monday, July 24th – Friday, July 28th
Drop off: 9:00 AM
Pick Up: 3:00-3:30 PM
To be eligible for camp students must already know how to ride a bike and be able to do so for at least 30 minutes at a time.
- A bicycle and helmet will be provided for use throughout camp for any camper who needs one at no extra cost
- Campers may bring their own bike and helmet if they prefer.
- Snacks will be provided each day. We’ll also stop for ice cream on the last day of camp to celebrate!
- Entry or participation fees for all activities will be covered.
DC Dream Center – Camp will start and end each day at this location.
2826 Q St SE, Washington, DC 20020
Public Transportation: This location is a 5-minute walk from the Pennsylvania Ave SE + 27th St SE Bus Stop
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events:
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. Please notify WABA by emailing email@example.com in the event that the camper can no longer attend.
- WABA youth education programs are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Those who have not been vaccinated are required to wear a CDC approved facemask for the duration of class. Anyone who has received the COVID-19 vaccine may choose to forgo masks. WABA respects anyone’s decision to wear a mask and encourages all people to advocate for themselves. If you would like to wear a mask during class and would like to maintain social distancing we highly encourage you to do so! WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
- Participants will provide their contact information at event registration. Participants consent to WABA contacting them and/or releasing their contact information to necessary authorities if there is a need for contact tracing following an event to contain an outbreak of COVID-19.
You must be logged in to post a comment.