To show our appreciation for your support of our advocacy and educational work, we partner with businesses, local and not-so-local, to offer you discounts that make your life a little easier, a little more convenient, a little more luxurious.
Not yet a member of the Washington Area Bicyclist Association? It’s fast, easy, and cheap to support bicycle advocacy
in the nation’s capital.
For the month of September, we’re highlighting a new discount for WABA Members from Momentum
magazine. Current, new, and renewing members of WABA are eligible for a free year-long digital subscription to Momentum
Momentum Magazine focuses on transportation cycling and bike culture in North America in order to promote, encourage & inspire Smart Living by Bike. The magazine’s goal is to influence a shift in the transportation culture in North America from car-centricity to a balance of public transportation, appropriate car use, walking and bicycling, by showcasing riding a bike as a fun, smart, stylish way to get around. Momentum’s positive and solutions-based editorial coverage includes arts & culture, city and people profiles, style, food, current events and gear.
You can catch up on advocacy around North America and bike styles by reading the digital edition in your browser, or take it to go. Just download the Zinio app for iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows 8, and be on your way.
How to get claim this Membership Perk:
- If you’re a member of WABA, email email@example.com for the special Members Only link.
- Register your email address (email addresses will be used only for subscriptions and not for any other marketing purposes). There is a delay of up to 8 days between subscribing and receiving access to the current issue. You should receive an email from Zinio within a week from signing up here, letting you know your first issue is ready.
Not a member yet? Join WABA today
to be part of the movement that is transforming our region.
Thanks to our dedicated members, bicyclists across the region have been able to enjoy…
- Cycletracks on Pennsylvania Avenue, 15th Street NW, and L Street NW
- Increased miles of bike lanes
- Trail Rangers cleaning and maintaining trails
- Improved trails including the Capital Crescent, Mount Vernon, Anacostia Riverwalk, and Metropolitan Branch trails
- New green bike lanes in D.C. and Arlington
- Massively expanded Capital Bikeshare, including new stations in Alexandria and Montgomery County
- The recognition of Bethesda and Rockville as Bicycle Friendly Communities
We need you
to ensure that our recent successes continue. Please join the Washington Area Bicyclist Association today and help us build a region where everyone
can ride, safely and conveniently!
Starting this April, WABA members in Maryland and D.C. are able to switch to wind power at a discount!
After switching over WABA’s 2599 Ontario Road NW office to wind power with Clean Currents
, the region’s leading independent and sustainably certified green energy provider, we are partnering with them to offer members the same discounted rate on wind power for your own homes.
By providing a 12-month fixed rate, Clean Currents
is offering WABA members a 10 percent discount from their posted rates for wind power. Starting in June, this discounted rate is approximately 5 percent lower than the average rates Pepco and BGE are charging for electricity generation and transmission.
How does it work? In Maryland and D.C., if you pay your own utility bill (whether you own your home or rent), you have the power to choose your electricity supplier. So you can choose to put the money you already spend on your electricity bills toward Clean Currents and support wind power.
How do you as a WABA member make the switch? It’s easy and takes just minutes, but you need to email us for the discount link at firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific questions, contact Clean Currents at (301) 754-0430 ext. 3 or email email@example.com.
Here are some important things to know:
- There is no installation or switching fees.
- It is the same dependable power to your home.
- You will continue to receive just one utility bill (from your same provider).
- Double-check that you are not with another third-party supplier (i.e. an energy provider other than Pepco or BGE).
- The discounted fixed rate for WABA members will save you approximately 5 percent on your electricity generation and transmission services starting in June. Why? In June, Pepco is raising its rates to 9.50 cents/KWh and BGE is raising its rates to 10.47 cents/KWh.
Additionally, throughout April, Clean Currents is giving “We Add Up” shirts (pictured) to each home that signs up for wind power. Each shirt has a unique number on it that counts for every person who is doing their part to support wind power production. To get counted, make the switch to wind power now! Once you sign up, pick up your shirt at the WABA office during office hours (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
If you have any questions about the benefit or other membership benefits
, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 518.0524 ext. 203.