Women & Bicycles Tip: Approaching Kidical Mass
This entry is part of our Women & Bicycles blog series. Women & Bicycles is WABA’s outreach and encouragement initiative to build a stronger women’s bike community and get more women on bikes. These posts certainly aren’t exclusive to women, but they’re produced with and through the Women & Bicycles’ programming and staffing. Click here to learn more and get involved.
Family biking is becoming more popular, more normal, more safe, and more fun thanks to the Kidical Mass groups forming throughout the United States.Kidical Mass groups are volunteer-run initiatives that organize family bike rides for all ages and all experience levels. The groups find flat (or flattest), short, and scenic routes that start or end with treats.These adorable and lively events help demystifying family biking and encourage more Americans to take it on for recreation and transportation. In just a few years we’ve seen a surge in these groups here in the D.C. metropolitan area. Find one closest to you, tell your friends, volunteer, start your own, join the ride!
- Kidical Mass DC Join them costumed this Saturday, May 31st for their Bike Train to Tour de Fat!
- Kidical Mass Arlington Join them Sunday, June 1st for their tasty Kidically Spring Ride (with frozen yogurt!)
- Kidical Mass Rockville Join them Saturday, June 14th for a ride to the park and Italian ice!
- Kidical Mass Falls Church Celebrated their inaugural ride with 32 parents, children, and supporters this past weekend!
- Kidical Mass Alexandria Join them Sunday, July 20th for their inaugural ride with Kidical Mass Arlington!