Met Branch Trail – Fort Totten to Takoma Public Meeting
Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 6:30 PM — Webex
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host a public meeting to discuss the progress on the design of the remaining sections of the Metropolitan Branch Trail (MBT). The MBT is an important transportation route, providing connections to neighborhoods where residents live, work, and play. Once fully completed, the MBT will be an eight-mile trail that runs from Union Station in Washington DC to Silver Spring, Maryland. The latest section being designed connects the Fort Totten Metro Station to the Takoma neighborhood. The preliminary design for this section was completed in 2016. DDOT is currently completing the final design of this section. The key elements of the next section of the MBT include:
- New off-street and on-street trail segments
- Traffic calming features
- Storm water and low-impact development
- Traffic signals & Lighting
- Lighting & Utilities
- Maintenance of Traffic plans
- Landscaping plans
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MEETING: : Please use this link to join the meeting: rebrand.ly/MetBranchTrail
How to Join via Phone:
- Dial the US Toll – Washington D.C. Phone Number: +1-202-860-2110
- Dial the meeting’s Access Code: 180 173 7522, followed by the # key.
- The Webex system will prompt you for an Attendee ID, this is not required. Press the # key to join the meeting.
Can’t Make a Meeting?
Materials from this meeting will be made available at metbranchtrail.com within 24 hours of the conclusion of the meeting.
If you need language assistance services (translation or interpretation), please contact Karen Randolph at 202-671-2620 or Karen.Randolph@dc.gov 72 hours in advance of the meeting. These services will be provided free of charge.
By participating in a WABA Event, you are agreeing to our Event Code of Conduct.