Confident City Cycling
Sunday, June 27, 2021, 10:00 AM
Anacostia Park Boat Ramp Parking
Confident City Cycling teaches you the skills you need to ride safely and confidently on streets, bike lanes and trails alike.
This class is broken into two groups to accommodate different skill levels and interests. The Fundamentals track focuses on practicing basic bike handling skills such as shifting, scanning, signaling, gradual braking and weaving. Instructors discuss the importance of trail etiquette while riding on a multi-use path and answer any questions participants may have about trail riding for commuting or recreation.
The Confidence track teaches hazard avoidance maneuvers necessary while riding on the street and in heavily-trafficked areas. Participants learn skills such as the avoidance weave, quick stop, rock dodge, and instant turn, and discuss considerations for sharing space with other road users.
Each track ends the class with an on-street or on-trail group ride, where participants put their newly acquired skills to the test. Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Check out WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events. You can review WABA’s full guidelines for WABA City Cycle classes here.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Classes will be limited to 10 participants and 3 instructors.
- All instructors and participants are required to wear face masks for the duration of the class.
- WABA requires participants to wear face masks in accordance with CDC and jurisdictional mask guidelines at all in-person events:
- Masks must cover both the mouth and nose.
- Masks must be secured below the chin.
- Participants should sanitize their hands before and after touching their mask or face area.
- For more details, read the full CDC mask guidelines.
- Participants will provide their contact information at event registration. Participants consent to WABA contacting them and/or releasing their contact information to necessary authorities if there is a need for contact tracing following an event to contain an outbreak of COVID-19.
- All instructors and participants are required to maintain social distancing (6 ft apart) for the duration of the class
- In the event of a minor injury (cuts or scrapes) participants will be provided with first aid supplies to treat themselves. If an individual is unable to treat themselves, or if a more serious injury occurs, WABA will call for an ambulance for additional medical care.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Participants are required to bring their own bicycle and helmet for this class. Bikes must be in good working order. Use a Capital Bikeshare bike and WABA will reimburse your usage fee for the duration of the class! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Cost: $10.00 and FREE for WABA members! Contact email@example.com for a coupon code!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for this event. Be sure to show up for class 15 minutes before the start time.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of the DC Department of Transportation.
Anacostia Park Boat Ramp Parking Lot
1500 Anacostia Dr, Washington, DC 20020
Drive to the end of Anacostia Drive. You will see the skate pavilion on your right. At the end of the road, the pavement will turn into dirt and you will see a sign that says “service vehicles only”. Your class will take place in the parking lot to the right of this sign. Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Parking: There is parking available at this location.
Public Transportation: This location is a 15-minute walk from the Pennsylvania Ave L’Enfant SE Bus Station
You must be logged in to post a comment.