Adult Learn to Ride + BIRD Scooter Training
Saturday, October 16, 2021, 10:00 AM
Montgomery College, Rockville
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
- You have never been on a bicycle before
- You have not ridden a bicycle in many years
- You have previously tried to learn how to ride a bicycle, but were unsuccessful
Our friends at BIRD will be hosting a FREE scooter training at this class location from 12-2pm! Stop by the outreach table to get a chance to test ride a scooter and learn how to use them safely on streets, trails or wherever!
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are:
- Vaccinated and boosted, you may choose to forgo a mask.
- Not vaccinate or fully vaccinated, you are required to wear a CDC approved face mask for the duration of class.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet rental provided
- FREE – WABA members and Capital Bikeshare for All (email us for a coupon)
- $10.00 – Resident Registration**
- $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction. Example – if you are a Fairfax County resident or you work in Fairfax county, your Tysons class registration is just $10.00!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Thursday before class.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of the Montgomery County Department of Transportation Commuter Services.
850 Hungerford Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polo shirts.
The closest public transportation stop to the class location is the Manakee Street bus stop, servicing buses 46, 55, Q6 and Q2*. The Rockville Metro Station is a 20 minute walk (0.9 mi) along Hungerford Drive.
*Q2 (Direction: Montgomery College – Rockville) is operational during weekdays
Metrobus- The first stop of the Q2 bus route is Silver Spring Station & Bus Bay 218 and the last stop is Montgomery Community College & W Campus Dr.
Hover over the box and scroll to click the registration button.