50 States Ride postponed to September 30th

Based on the dangerously windy weather forecast for this weekend (Ride in the rain? Sure! In 40 mph winds? Well …), we have made the decision to postpone the 50 States Ride by one week. This is a first for WABA, in the 20-year history of the 50 States Ride, and it’s not a decision we make lightly. Our first priority is keeping you safe, and the combination of heavy rain and high winds will create decidedly unsafe conditions for riding. 

Here’s the new plan:

  • The ride will be on Saturday, September 30th, with the same route options. 
  • The ride will start and end at the same location (huge thanks to Kraken for their flexibility!).
  • Exact routes and pit stops may change based on availability.
  • You have another week to encourage your friends to sign up to ride with you!

There will still be an awesome afterparty and we can’t wait to see you there.

If you’re already registered and unable to attend on the 30th, you have a few options. You can:

  • transfer your registration to the Cider Ride on November 4th or
  • convert your registration into a tax deductible donation to WABA. (You can still swing by the afterparty and pick up your t-shirt!).

Email events@waba.org if you need help with either of these options, and we will reply as soon as we can.

If you haven’t signed up yet, go sign up for a great ride on the 30th!