Newsletter: 17-year freewheels
Happy Earth, Wind & Fire month,
I am sitting in my living room with the door open enjoying the blue sky and cool breeze. The cicadas sound like freehubs and they’re mostly drowning out the traffic noise. Presented with the prospect of taking the afternoon off to ride my bike, my brain is unable to focus on anything else. So let’s keep this brief so we can all go pedaling before the heat returns on Sunday.
Things to do this week:
- Wednesday: Sign up for some business outreach at our I Bike, I Buy Stuff Campaign Kickoff
- Check out our fall class schedule
- Support the Arboretum Bridge & Trail
- Say yes to better biking to the airport (action courtesy of our friends at Sustainable Mobility for Arlington County)
- Tell DDOT to fill the gap in K St bike lanes
- Speak up for a wider Mount Vernon Trail
- Sign up for the 50 States Ride
A fun route idea for the weekend
Let some air out of your tires, stuff some dry socks in your saddlebag and ride Fairfax County’s awesome Cross County Trail. The north end is a little more accessible from other trails and Metro—you can pick it up from the W&OD trail, the Vienna Metro, and the Reston Metro.
Have a great weekend.