Our Fall season is over and we will not be hosting any more in-person classes for the remainder of the year. Don’t worry, we will be back with more group classes in April 2021!
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided
- $85.00 – non-resident registration
- $10.00 – subsidized resident registration (WABA partners with local jurisdictions to provide subsidized bicycle education to residents).
- FREE for WABA members
Registration Policy: Advanced registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Friday before class.
Is this class right for me?
- This class is reserved for adults ages 18 or older. Looking for Youth Learn to Ride classes? Visit our Youth and Family Education page.
- This class is for adults who have never learned to ride a bike or who have not ridden a bike in some time.
- Adult Learn to Ride classes can host up to 25 students at a time. If you prefer one on one instruction, check out our Individual Lessons page.
- Subsidized registration cost is reserved for residents of the host jurisdiction, but you do not have to be a resident to sign up for a class! All are welcome to attend. Sign up for class using the non-resident registration form.
Are you sure I can learn to ride in 3 hours?
Our Adult Learn to Ride classes are broken down into safe, easy to follow steps. Instructors will work with you to offer tailored feedback and guidance to improve your practice. Over 80% of participants last year were riding by the end of a 3 hour class. If you need a little extra instruction, we will work with you to get you signed up for another Learn to Ride.
What if I need to take another Learn to Ride class?
Email us at email@example.com and we will help to get you signed up for another Learn to Ride at a discounted cost.
Can I bring my own bike?
We recommend that participants use the bicycles provided during class. The bikes we use are properly sized for each participant and are in good working order. WABA does not offer on site bike maintenance for personal bikes.
What should I bring with me to class?
Water, close toed shoes, athletic clothing, appropriate outerwear, snacks, and sunscreen!
How do I confirm my registration?
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with details about the class. We will send you a reminder email two days before class with all the information you need (including google maps directions!).
I learned to ride! Now what?
Check out a Basic Skills Clinic or a City Cycling Class.