November class registration will open later this season. Click here to add yourself to our listserv to receive emails about our upcoming classes!
Adult Class Details
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided
- $85.00 – non-resident registration
- Pay what you can – Check out our tiered membership options. Members get access to all Adult Education classes for free!
- $10.00 – subsidized resident registration (Thanks to your local government)
- FREE – WABA members (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the code)
Registration Policy: Advanced registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Wednesday before class.
Adult Class FAQ
Is this class right for me?
- This class is reserved for adults ages 18 or older. Looking for Youth Learn to Ride classes? Visit our Youth and Family Education page.
- This class is for adults who have never learned to ride a bike or who have not ridden a bike in some time.
- Adult Learn to Ride classes can host up to 25 students at a time. If you prefer one on one instruction, check out our Individual Lessons page.
- Subsidized registration cost is reserved for residents of the host jurisdiction, but you do not have to be a resident to sign up for a class! All are welcome to attend. Sign up for class using the non-resident registration form.
Are you sure I can learn to ride in 3 hours?
Our Adult Learn to Ride classes are broken down into safe, easy to follow steps. Instructors will work with you to offer tailored feedback and guidance to improve your practice. Over 80% of participants last year were riding by the end of a 3 hour class. If you need a little extra instruction, we will work with you to get you signed up for another Learn to Ride.
Can I bring my own bike?
We recommend that participants use the bicycles provided during class. The bikes we use are properly sized for each participant and are in good working order. WABA does not offer on site bike maintenance for personal bikes.
What should I bring with me to class?
Water, close-toed shoes, athletic clothing, appropriate outerwear, snacks, and sunscreen!
How do I confirm my registration?
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with details about the class. We will send you a reminder email two days before class with all the information you need (including google maps directions!).
I learned to ride! Now what?
Youth Class Details
Our approach is fun and intuitive, but it also requires hard work. Your child will be riding for two hours. We take breaks every hour. This class is for your child if:
- They are between the ages of 6 and 12 years old
- Your child has never tried to learn how to ride a bike; or
- They have tried to learn and have not been successful.
All students are responsible for bringing their own bicycle, helmet and mask. All students are required to wear a helmet for the duration of the class.
Please ensure that your child comes to class wearing comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes. Please bring the following: water and snacks, and a mask. This class will be outdoors. Mask use is mandatory.
Only students who have reserved space in the class may attend. Unfortunately, walk-up students cannot be accommodated.