Click here to add yourself to our listserv to receive information on our upcoming classes.
Adult Class Details
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet provided for all participants
What to Expect:
- Learn to Ride is a group class of up to 25 participants. Our 1:5 instructor to participant ratio will help to ensure that all participants receive individualized attention and tailored feedback from our experienced instructors.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class begins so that you have enough time to check in and receive a bike.
- Learning how to ride a bike is exercise. The group will take plenty of rest and water breaks throughout the class. Please be sure to eat and drink water before you arrive to class. Wear comfortable, athletic clothing and bring plenty of water and snacks with you!
Adult Class FAQ
Is this class right for me?
- This class is for adults (18+) who have never learned to ride a bike or who have not ridden a bike in some time.
- Adult Learn to Ride classes can host up to 25 students at a time. If you prefer one on one instruction, check out our Individual Lessons page.
Are you sure I can learn to ride in 3 hours?
Our Adult Learn to Ride classes are broken down into safe, easy to follow steps. Instructors will work with you to offer tailored feedback and guidance to improve your practice. Over 80% of participants last year were riding by the end of a 3 hour class. If you need a little extra instruction, we will work with you to get you signed up for another Learn to Ride.
Can I bring my own bike?
We recommend that participants use the bicycles provided during class. The bikes we use are properly sized for each participant and are in good working order. WABA does not offer on site bike maintenance for personal bikes.
What should I bring with me to class?
Water, close-toed shoes, athletic clothing, appropriate outerwear, snacks, and sunscreen!
How do I confirm my registration?
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with details about the class. We will send you a reminder email two days before class with all the information you need (including google maps directions!).
I learned to ride! Now what?
Youth Class Details
Duration: 2 hours
Equipment: All students are responsible for bringing their own bicycle and helmet. All students are required to wear a helmet for the duration of the class.
What to Expect:
- Youth Learn to Ride is a group class for up to 10 students. WABA’s 3:1 instructor to student ratio ensures that all students receive individualized attention and personalized feedback.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early so that you and your child have enough time to check in with the Lead Instructor.
- All parents/guardians are expected to stay for the duration of class. We encourage adults to make note of the skills that the students are practicing so that you can help your child continue to practice their biking riding skills at home.