We’re Hiring! Be Our Communications Coordinator
The job of the Communications Coordinator is to share that work with WABA members and supporters, key decision-makers and elected officials, potential funders of future programming, and the general public.
You must love biking, share WABA’s vision for better biking in the region, and enjoy a fast-paced environment in which strong and strategic communication content is key to organizational success and is a daily (sometimes hourly) need.
See the job description below the jump, and apply for the job here.
Duties: Strategic Writing & Editing
- Create and edit blog posts, articles, etc. that inform various stakeholders of WABA’s ongoing activities and their contribution to the organization’s mission
- Draft content for substantive advocacy campaigns
- Produce marketing and promotional content for events, fundraising campaigns, and other WABA activities.
Social Media and Website
- Oversight of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr.
- Blog post writing, copy editing and scheduling posts.
- Maintain and update WABA.ORG (weekly updates and changes, manage and optimize analytic)
- Design and deploy bi-weekly email blasts in HTML, edit staff produced email blasts
Graphic Design and Layout
- Produce four quarterly newsletter layouts using InDesign
- Produce three to four appeal packages using InDesign
- Produce brochures, posters, postcards, etc. for outreach, education, and advocacy programs.
- Assist staff and Executive Director with press relations.
- Coordinate press for major events and campaigns.
- Awareness of and commitment to WABA’s mission
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Proven experience developing and implementing organization-wide marketing and communications strategies
- Experience in growing social media followers and increasing engagement.
- Ability to function, collaborate, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen eye for graphic design with experience.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver).
- Basic photography and photo editing experience.
- Advocacy and fundraising database management experience.
- Web design – working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Video production experience – a bonus
- Must be able to work M-F 9am- 5pm, plus events and after-hours activities and some weekends