How to Attach a Cue Sheet To Your Bike
So, you’re going on a bike ride…and you need to navigate using a paper cue sheet. But how are you going to attach that sucker to your bike so you can glance at it easily?
Here’s a low-tech solution that just might help.
Start by gathering your materials (if you come to a WABA Signature Ride, we’ll have these available along with your cue sheet!). You’ll need:
- zip tie
- binder clip
- plastic bag
- cue sheet
1. Thread the zip tie through the binder clip.
2. Fasten the zip tie around your handlebar stem to secure the binder clip to the bike. (The stem is the vertical bar underneath your handlebars!)
3. Clip the cue sheet into the binder clip! (You’ll have to take it on and off to turn the page.)
4. If it’s raining: use the plastic bag to keep the cue sheet dry.
5. To remove after your ride: cut the zip tie off the handlebar stem with scissors. You can also leave it on for your next ride! Either way, don’t throw away the bag or binder clip—use them for something else, too.
To learn more about how to read a cue sheet, check out this post: How to Read a Cue Sheet.