Adult Learn to Ride + Scooter Training
Sunday, October 22, 2023, 10:00 AM
Westfield Montgomery Mall, Bethesda
Our Adult Learn to Ride class is for participants 18 and older. Our experienced Instructors break the skills down step by step to get you on a bike and rolling in no time. Participants learn to start and stop, balance, glide, pedal and steer a bike and progress at their own pace.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
- You have never been on a bicycle before
- You have not ridden a bicycle in many years
- You have previously tried to learn how to ride a bicycle, but were unsuccessful
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Class Duration: 3 hours
Equipment: Bicycle and helmet rental provided
- FREE – WABA members and Capital Bikeshare for All (email us for a coupon)
- $10.00 – Resident Registration**
- $85.00 – Non-Resident Registration
*WABA partners with local jurisdictions to bring subsidized bicycle education to residents of that jurisdiction. Example – if you are a DC resident, your DC class registration is just $10.00!
Registration Policy: Advance registration is required for Adult Learn to Ride classes. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Wednesday before class.
A FREE SPIN E-scooter training will take place at this class location from 1:00-3:00pm! Stop by the outreach table to get a chance to test ride a scooter and learn how to use them safely on streets, trails or wherever!
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of the Montgomery County Department of Transportation Commuter Services.
The google maps directions will lead you to the Montgomery Mall Transit Center at the intersection of Westlake Terrace and Motor City Drive. The parking lot is directly across the street from the transit center closer to the mall.
Instructors will be wearing teal shirts.
Driving: There is parking available at this class location
Public Transit: The Montgomery Transit Center directly across the street serves buses 6, 26, 47, 96, J1 and J2. Find more information and plan your trip at the MCDOT and WMATA websites and check out the departure board on Google Maps.
Hover over the box and scroll to click the registration button.
Class sold out? Click here to add yourself to the waitlist!