Basic Skills Clinic
Sunday, October 15, 2023, 10:00 AM
Jones Point Park, Alexandria
Basic Skills Clinics are the next step for adult participants (18+) who have recently taken a Learn to Ride class or who know how to ride a bike, but have not been on one in some time. Basic Skills Clinics focus on skills such as turning, shifting, braking gradually, and weaving and will help you develop the fundamental bike handling skills necessary to ride confidently! Our experienced Instructors will observe where you are at and will provide tailored instruction to help you progress to the next level. Participants move at their own pace and are encouraged to continue practicing these skills at home.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out WABA’s Code of Conduct for event participants.
This class is for you if:
You have recently taken a Learn to Ride class and were riding with 2 pedals by the end of class.
You know how to ride a bike, but have not been on one in some time and need a little bit of tailored instruction to get you going again!
Health and Safety Protocols
Due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19, all participants are expected to adhere to WABA’s health and safety guidelines for in-person events.
- Participants should not attend in-person events if they feel sick or show symptoms of illness. WABA will refund registration fees to individuals who cannot attend because they are sick on the day of an event. If you are sick and unable to attend an in-person event, contact WABA for a refund.
- Outside activities are mask optional. WABA does not require participants to be vaccinated in order to attend class although we strongly encourage all participants to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- WABA will not tolerate any disrespect towards WABA staff or participants who choose to wear a mask for their own safety and peace of mind.
Class Duration: 2 hours
- Bicycle and helmet provided for those who need. Please select the “registration + bike and helmet rental” option at checkout.
- Participants may bring their own bicycle and helmet for a discounted registration fee. Please make sure that bikes are in good working order. WABA does not provide bicycle maintenance for personal bikes.
- $10.00 – Bring Your Own Bike Registration
- $50.00 – Rent a Bike Registration
- FREE for WABA members – email email@example.com for a coupon code!
Registration Policy: Advanced registration is required for Basic Skills Clinics. Registration closes at 1:00 pm the Wednesday before class.
This class is brought to you thanks to the generous support of The City of Alexandria Department of Transportation & Environmental Services.
Jones Point Dr, Alexandria, VA 22314
This class will take place at the traffic garden, a painted instructional course on the paved area underneath the Wilson Bridge. WABA Instructors will be wearing teal polos.
Driving: There is parking available at this location
Metro: The closest metro station is Eisenhower Station on the yellow line (2.1 miles away). The South Washington Street & Church Street bus stop (Stop ID: 4001032) is a 0.3 mile walk.
Class sold out? Click here to add yourself to the waitlist!