Announcing the 4th Great Montgomery County Bike Summit
Sunday, October 29, 2023, 1:00 PM
11701 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20902
The 4th Great Montgomery County Bike Summit takes place Sunday afternoon, October 29, 2023 in Wheaton, organized by the Washington Area Bicyclist Association. This free event will advance the cause of safe biking for all across Montgomery County. We will bring together policy-makers and advocates for presentations and panel discussion:
- How Maryland Can Make Biking Safer and Easier
- Building the Capital Trails Network
- A Bike Friendly Montgomery County
- Effective Advocacy
Our program runs from 1 pm to 5 pm and includes breaks socializing and information discussion. It opens with a Welcome from WABA followed by Montgomery County Councilmember Natali Fani-González, who has championed safe streets and the creation of bikeways in her district and throughout the county, as our keynote speaker.
Our program continues with three sessions, featuring state and county officials and community advocates, exploring needs and programs and progress toward Vision Zero — an end traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries — and the creation of a bicycle network spanning Montgomery County. The sessions and participants are:
Keynote: Safe Streets for All
- Natali Fani-González, Montgomery County Council
How Maryland Can Make Biking Safer and Easier
- Seth Grimes, WABA Maryland organizer
- Kandese Holford, Maryland Dept. of Transportation
A Bike Friendly Montgomery County
- Peter Gray, WABA Montgomery County organizer
- Dave Anspacher, Montgomery Planning
- Matt Johnson, Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation
- Dan Reed, Greater Greater Washington regional policy director, moderator
- Kristy Daphnis, Montgomery County Families for Safe Streets
- Alison Gillespie, Bike Maryland board and Mid Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts (MORE) trail liaison
- Dan Langenkamp, WABA board member
If you’re a recreational rider or bike commuter or family biker – if you want to see safe streets and the creation of new trails and bike lanes and easy transit access – if you’re an advocate or county or state official or just a biking enthusiast – please join us at the summit.
Register here and we will see you on October 29 in Wheaton!
Trouble viewing this form? Click here.