Last month, WABA held the region’s first Women’s Bicycling Forum, an important and innovative event designed to start the conversation about why more women aren’t bicycling. Our Women’s Bicycling Advocacy & Outreach intern played a critical role in planning the Forum and took part in a wide range of WABA activities.
For the spring, we’re looking for a new intern to take on this challenging and engaging project and to develop the next steps in our Women’s Bicycling outreach strategy. This internship will involve improving our advocacy and outreach capacity to women and will help drive the broader conversation about gender issues in bicycling, as well as monitoring the feedback from the Forum and designing/implementing WABA’s followup events, campaigns, etc.
This position is unpaid, but WABA is happy to work with local colleges and universities to provide course credit to any student looking for experience in transportation/bicycle advocacy or community outreach and organizing.
Bicycling Advocacy & Outreach Intern – Women’s Bicycling
WABA currently seeks a Membership Intern to assist with data entry, customer service and many other important administrative needs. We’re seeking a 15 hour a week commitment for a minimum of three months. Read on for full details.
The Membership Services Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of all WABA departments, but most work will be specifically with the membership department. Work includes assisting with membership fulfillment processes, database development, member resource development, assistance at membership related events and other tasks as assigned.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with a fifteen-hour-a-week commitment for at least three months. This position is based in Washington, DC. The position is not paid, but a small stipend may be available. We can work with academic requirements you may have, to help you earn course credit, and give you a unique opportunity to connect to a growing network of organizations making significant community improvements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Specific experience working with influential non-profit organization
- Experience working with database CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software
- Outreach work with state and local organizations
- Academic credit, by working with your academic institution’s internship program
- Interest in Outreach
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Track record of working well on team projects
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with the web, content management, and databases
- Familiarity with local biking issues
- Located in Washington, DC
On-going tasks for Membership Intern
- Processing memberships and renewals and store items
- Responding to membership concerns via email, phone and at events
- Outreach to potential members
- Researching new prospect member and supporter/partner organizations
- Assisting with the coordination of direct mail to members (thank you letters, etc)
- Updating database with new members, partners, and prospects
- Other duties as assigned
Please send a letter of interest, your resume, & references to email@example.com