The 2019 Bicyclists’ Choice Awards are over! Thank you to everyone who came out to support WABA. You can read about the event here. Save the Date for the 2020 Bicyclists Choice Awards on Wednesday, February 26th 2020!
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Please RSVP by Friday, February 8th. Admission to this event is free, but we suggest a $10 donation for appetizers and a drink.
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
WABA’s Board of Directors will present the new and renewing directors (2019-2021 term) for ratification vote by the WABA members present. They will share WABA’s big plans for 2019, present a brief “State of the Region”, and open the floor to questions. All dues-paying members are invited.
7:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Grab a snack and drink while you mingle with other folks who care about better biking as much as you do! All WABA supporters are invited.
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Join us as we celebrate the people and places that make our region such a great place to ride a bike! All WABA supporters are invited.
Gathering at Bar Roubaix
Head to nearby Bar Roubaix to keep the celebration going! All WABA supporters are invited.
- Dress: Fabulous or casual, but leave the lycra in your bag for the evening, please.
- Accessibility: This event is held on the second floor of the building, accessible by stairs only.
- Bike parking: Available behind the building.
- Transit: Columbia Heights Metro Station (Green/Yellow) is 0.6 miles away, and there are several nearby bus lines (WMATA | Circulator)
- Parking: Limited street parking available.
- Want to know more? Read about the 2018 Awards!
Below is a list of Volunteer shifts you can sign up for: